Tuesday, January 09, 2007

The agony of defeat.



Sometimes, many times, ok almost all the time when I visit the LYS I pick up a few skeins for a project that I plan on starting immediately, and then almost as an afterthought I pick up an extra skein of something for some small project I spotted somewhere and plans on getting to...eventually. Such was the case back in, oh I don't know, August or early September when I picked up this skein of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran in Teal. Fetching was all the rage on knitty.com and I thought, "Well I've got to learn cables some how or other." So of course, I bought one skein, that would be enough right?!!?


Of course not. Yesterday, I finally started the damn things and well. I finished one, got mostly through the other when I realized, there just wasn't quite enough. No point in going back to the LYS now and looking for another skein. I frogged the first. Apologizing all the way that I was unable to make it a suitable mate.


So now I've got these two little balls of the stuff and I wonder, what shall their fate be? Perhaps stripes on one of those scarves I make when bored and give away as holiday gifts to those friends whom I really like, who I think are scarfworthy, just not expensive fancy-pants scarf worthy.


Also, as an afterthought to the project, I'm not a fan of that picot bind off. I think a regular bind off would work just fine and if I ever get the gumption to work up a real pair of these suckers, that's exactly what I'll do.

No comments: