Thursday, April 10, 2008

Money Shot


There comes a time in day, usually around 19:00 these days that the sun takes a break from bearing down into our eastern facing apartment and heads over to the other side of Broad St. leaving us with a kitchen full of soft grey light that makes even the jar of mayonnaise look kind of dreamy and artistic.


I shot this photo last night as I was getting ready to make a large pot of seafood risotto and watch the Phils bullpen give up run after run to Mets. Oh, the humanity! The season is young though, and after years of disappointment, I have to say that I can really rely on the Phils to lift up my hopes and then crush them on a day to day basis. That's what summer around here is all about.


The scarf is Shifting Sands by Grumperina. I first saw the pattern in progress at Brooklyn Tweed several months ago. He was working it in Malabrigo and I just loved how all the little cables really brought out the imperfect nature of the yarn, its thick and thin pieces, the variations in color...gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous. Fortunately, the thing is taking forever, and I'm really just enjoying it without rushing to get it done. After all, it's 70 degrees out today.

No comments: