Monday, September 10, 2007

Oh, the places we'll go...


I took this photo in late 2005. I had only just taught myself to knit a few months before. For those keeping track, that is a small part of the super easy leg warmers from Last Minute Knitted Gifts, one of my first pattern books and one that I refer back to time and time again. I took forever finishing those things. One is bound off a little tight. The stitches aren't quite even. The colors are a little garish, but I actually wear them all the time.


This summer I made my first sweaters. They're upstairs blocking, and while not monuments of perfection, I am thrilled with how far I've come. Always learning, exploring new things, and coming up with new ideas. It all seems so cheesy, but I really don't know where I would be without it.


This summer has been a difficult one for me. I put my life on hold to be with my family in a time of need. If I hadn't knit incessantly over the last 3 months, I think I would have lost my mind by now.

No comments: